Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

So many memories came rushing back today.  10 years ago seems like it was well....10 years ago.  And in some ways it still feels like yesterday and I am watching TV coverage of the attacks.  One of the biggest difference is that J and M, who were only 4 and 2 then, and now are 14 and 12.  What they didn't understand then they sure do now.  They have never really known the United States to not be at war with terrorism.  How surreal that seems to me.

Today we watched "9/11 Attacks - 102 Minutes That Changed America".  All I can say is "wow". J told me he found it sad, powerful and inspiring all at the same time.  As odd as that sounds I understand his perception.  It has been very sad to watch and remember how people and families were  and still are impacted.  But America's response was and continues to be powerful and inspiring. I pray we never see this kind of attack on America ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment